Bringing together a team for a new development project, or even finding individuals to replace or compliment existing personnel can be a real challenge.? The engineering sector has a widely recognised shortfall in skilled personnel and the cost of hiring and retaining good staff is high, even for the most respected organisations.? Outsourcing and/or off-shoring of you product verification testing can be both a tactical measure and a long term strategy, so let T&VS set-up and/or manage your outsourcing or off-shore partnership.
T&VS has a focus on resourcing projects in hardware verification and software testing and can be your route to successful outsourcing and off-shore execution.
- Outsourcing = the use of components of labour from external suppliers – Augmentation
- Offshoring = the relocation of some of a company’s production services or jobs overseas – Offshore Development Centre (ODC).
Outsourcing: The Benefits
Outsourcing can offer huge benefits and the quickest, safest way to achieve the results you want is to use a partner who has delivered many times before – T&VS.
- It allows you to concentrate on core-skills
- It gives you access to specialist knowledge
- The ability to quickly undertake one-off projects
- Improved efficiency and lower product development costs
- Reduced time to market
- Higher product quality through use of specialists
- Move fixed costs to variable costs
- But outsourcing requires a specific set of management knowledge and skills.
Offshoring: All the Outsourcing benefits above plus;
- Access to a huge pool of skilled software and hardware verification personnel
- The ability to ramp a team quickly.
- Low cost.? Typically offshore personnel can be provided by T&VS at 30% of the cost associated with UK personnel.
T&VS has operated in India since it started in 2008 and T&VS staff have been working in India for many more years. In September 2011 T&VS opened dedicated offices in Chennai, India.